Friday, October 21, 2011

Introduction to my little experiment here.

So I am a mother of a vicarious four year old boy named Trey.  And like most four year olds, my son can be a very picky eater.  However, he loves to watch cooking shows with me and different shows about food and eating.  He loves the show "Chopped" and "Man verses Food" the most.  He has even started to copy Adam, the guy from "Man versus Food," when he cooks something, saying, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!" (a phrase that Adam likes to use when he tries some wonderful food). When we watch the shows, he often likes to say, "That looks gross!" or "That looks really good!" So, I thought we would try some interesting and new recipes that he helps me choose, and then blog about them.  

Now, I am not a perfect blogger.  In fact, I have at least three blogs that I haven't updated in YEARS! I couldn't even sign in to them if I wanted to I am afraid.  So I can't promise that I will be doing this all the time, but I would like to document and remember some of our more memorable cooking experiences that we do together.  It won't be long before he thinks the idea of cooking with me is stupid (I do NOT look forward to those teenage years). 

Know that in the future, I might refer to baking as cooking.  My son loves to bake and I don't mean to offend anyone out there with wrong terminology, so I am warning you ahead of time.  To my son, its all one thing, so for those reasons, I keep it simple.  Also know that I am a firm believer of semi-homemade things.  I love Sandra Lee and have tried a lot of her recipes.  Some of which I will probably share here. So I also hope I don't offend anyone if I don't make everything from scratch.  

I am hoping to post some pictures and if the recipe was really good, the recipe for someone else to try.  I will definitely share the funny stories and sayings that my booger bear says during the process.  My goal is to update at least once a week, if not more, but I can't promise anything!  So, here is to the first post and recipe that will follow this one.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment